- We wish to thank you for your interest in a career with BOXYBAE! Please read through this Form, which outlines BOXYBAE’s collection, use, protection, disclosure and retention of your personal data collected as part of your job application. You are required to sign this form before we can commence your recruitment process.
- This Policy applies to all persons who have applied for any position with BOXYBAE and all references to employment shall apply equally to internships and traineeships (as may be applicable).
- We may collect the following personal data about you during the recruitment process:
- Name or alias, gender, NRIC/FIN or relevant national identification number, date of birth, nationality, country and city of birth;
- Mailing address, contact numbers, email address and other contact details;
- Resume, educational qualifications, professional qualifications, certifications and employment references;
- Employment and training history;
- Work-related health issues and disabilities;
- Photographs and if you are interviewing at our premises, videos of you for on-site security purposes; and
- Information about you which is publicly available.
- We generally collect personal data that:
- you knowingly and voluntarily provide in the course of or in connection with your job application with us (for example, in your employment form), or via a third party who has been duly authorized by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorized representative”, which may include your job recruitment agent or your online jobs listing website), after (i) you (or your authorized representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected and (ii) you (or your authorized representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or;
- where our collection and use of such personal data without your explicit consent is deemed, permitted or required by the relevant personal data protection legislation (e.g. the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012, the Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act 2010, the Taiwan Personal Information Protection Act, the Indonesia Law No. 11 of 2008 regarding Electronic Information and Transactions, and the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486).
- We collect and use your data for the following purposes and we may disclose your data to relevant third parties where necessary for the following purposes:
- Assessing and evaluating your suitability for employment in any current or prospective position within our organisation;
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your personal details and other information provided;
- Performing background checks for fraud, criminal history or credit history as may be relevant to the nature of your job application with us; and
- Sharing with other members of the BOXYBAE team for evaluation for other roles or careers with other BOXYBAE team members.
- We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorized by law).
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time you withdraw your consent in writing. You may withdraw your consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any of all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing to us or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require a reasonable period of time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) to process your request. In general, we will seek to process and effect your request within thirty (30) days of our receipt.
- Please note that your withdrawal of your consent does not affect our right to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use or disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws and regulations.
We have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and access controls to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us to safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or other similar risks. We will only disclose your personal data both internally and to our authorized third-party service providers on a need-to-know basis only.
However, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. Nonetheless, we strive to protect the security of your personal data at all times and constantly review and enhance our information security measures.
We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws including data protection laws and regulations.
We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which your personal data were collected, and are no longer necessary for legal or business purposes. Generally, we will not retain your personal data beyond one (1) year from the date of your application.
- We may store your personal data on our third-party servers provided to us by reputable third party vendors such as Amazon Web Service, Google Drive. These servers may be located outside of the jurisdiction in which your personal data was collected by us.
- You acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to the above Policy, and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us for the purposes set out in the Policy;
- In the event that we have received your job application or personal data from any third party pursuant to the purposes set out in the Policy, you warrant that such third party has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us for the purposes set out in the Policy; and
- In the event that you have disclosed the personal data of any third party (e.g. spouse, family members) in your job application, you warrant that you have procured the consent of such third party to disclose such personal data in your job application.